The Pagan Festival - Author's Circle Application
Festival Date: Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 10:00 am - 5:30 pm MLK Jr. Civic Center Park, Berkeley, CA
Theme: Service Through Spirituality
The Pagan Festival and Parade is the day before Mothers' Day.
The Authors Circle is a service to the Pagan Community, bringing our talented writers and the community together, as well as offering a well of knowledge to the non-Pagans who attend the festival and wish to learn about our Community.
Rates: FREE!! (Authors only!!) We will provide a canopy, table and chairs. You will be given a space for a specific period of time (dependent upon the number of authors who request inclusion). If you wish to set up for the entire day, please consider reserving a space as a vendor or info table.
- Cancellations: If you need to cancel, please let us know ASAP so we may remove your name from our promotional materials and plan accordingly. Thank you for respecting this request.
- Books Sales: Please bring books to sell at your table. All authors who are selling products must have a valid resale certificate. (RESALE CERTIFICATE: A Temporary number may be obtained from the California State Board of Equalization 1-800-400-7115. You are responsible for collecting and reporting sales tax.). If you plan to sell readings (tarot or otherwise) as well as books, you will need to reserve a vendors space. Readings will not be allowed from the Author's Circle this year.
- Hours of Operation: All tables shall be open between the hours of 10:00am to 11:30 am and 1:30 pm to 5:00pm. Authors shall be present for shifts and not expected to sit at table for the entire event. During breaks your table will be watched by our security staff.
- Special Needs: If you should have special needs, please let us know.
- Refreshments will be provided.
- QUESTIONS? Please contact or call email@example.com
The mission of the Pagan Alliance is to educate our communities and the general public, to promote acceptance of our faiths and traditions, to connect our communities, and to celebrate our spiritual diversity.
Further, The Pagan Alliance reserves the right to remove any person or unit from the staging area, the procession or festival grounds, who is a hindrance to the safety or progress of the parade; or who places other participants or spectators in physical danger, or whose participation is inconsistent with the purposes and objectives of the event as set forth above. The decision is at the sole discretion and opinion of the Security Manager.
The program deadline is April 10, 2014. All participants are subject to approval by the Festival Committee in order to maintain safety, and City regulations.
Authors wishing to be included in the Pagan Festival Program, please register by the deadline date. This event will be covered by the media, so please make sure that the members of your group are advised of this. Also, due to insurance reasons, weapons and pyrotechnics are not allowed unless your group wishes to extend the parade insurance policy. Animals are permitted, but must be disclosed.